From the Mat: Yogi Mind Scribbles


I don't know if every yogi does it but for years I've scribbled little stick yoga people on scraps of paper. I find them in my pockets, purses, backpack. They're stuck between the pages of books and magazines. They make their way into the glove box in the car. They're just all over the place, these little yoga people. 

It's way easier than writing out an entire sequence. And I can arrange various scraps to see if a sequence flows. Don't like a pose? Take that piece of paper out of the equation! 

Some of my bits of paper look a bit raggedy, I'll admit. But they serve their purposes. 

The little scribbles may not be recognizable to everyone but I look at the one above and know instantly what it is.  

Knees-chest-chin. The picture is quicker to sketch than it is to write that out, and lots easier than writing "Ashtanga Namaskara"—the "real" name for the pose. 

Family and friends shake their heads when my yoga people fall out of my pockets but hey, they're harmless. And, I feel as if I'm traveling with a yoga tribe all the time! 

I've asked other teachers if they do this, too. It seems I'm not the only one with the silly habit! 

Yoga. Just keepin' it real here, on and off the mat. 

You didn't expect "serious" every time, did you? 

Happy Tuesday, friends. 


Comments

Popular Posts