Turkey in a Tree Happy

 

Four turkeys fly into a tree...

Not as good as three camels saunter into a bar...

Or is it? 

I've been thinking a lot about these turkeys. A few days ago they were holding a chat in a tree. Me, wondering what they were talking about, lingered and listened. Yes, I eavesdropped and have no problem admitting it. 

Unfortunately, turkey isn't one of the languages I speak. 

Still, I wondered. If I were a turkey in a tree, on a gorgeous sunny morning with a warm breeze ruffling my feathers, surrounded by my best friends, what would I think? Say? 

Would I giggle? Tell a joke? 

Sit in silence and appreciate the beauty? Meditate?  

They sure looked happy, those turkeys. 

No stress, pandemic worries, snow-clearing woes, or word counts cluttering their minds. Not one thought about what to make for dinner, folding laundry, calling to check on neighbors. No tossing the pros and cons of the current book's plot back and forth in their minds. None of it. 

Just...happy. 

As I said, they've been on my mind--and I've come to the decision that I'm going to be turkey in a tree happy as often as possible. I plan to sit in the sun, release stress, let warm breezes ruffle my feathers--ah, hair. You get the idea. 

Today, I hope you're finding pockets of peace. 

And, I hope you're as happy as a turkey in a tree.   

Comments

Popular Posts