From the Mat: Sangha

 


Sangha, a word that means community. 

It speaks to me on so many levels. When we come together to exchange ideas, to learn and grow, to share space, we are a community. Sangha is not defined by the number of participants, so any size gathering can be considered a sangha. 

And I smile. 

On Saturday mornings I share space in one of the sanghas dearest to my heart, a Gita Meditation practicum. Women from across the globe gather via Zoom and spend precious time listening, learning, speaking, sharing...being seen and seeing. It is a magical adventure, one that I've come to look forward to and an experience that I love. 

It's amazing the power generated in a sangha, the clarity and understanding that arises. We sit together in solidarity and support, and the time spent is valuable enough that it keeps my heart smiling from week to week. 

I invite you to cultivate time in your own sangha. That community, the people you invite into your life, are important. I hope you surround yourself with those who make your heart smile and share ease and peace.  

Comments

Popular Posts