Sliding Right into Mid-September


The stick figure is one of my yoga people. That is, when I "write" a  yoga sequence, I use little figures like this one to map out the direction of the class. No Sanskrit words or translations, no cues...just silly drawings who usually have an incorrect number of fingers and never any toes. 

The drawings are enough of a reminder that I know how to cue from pose to pose. I don't always even look at the stick figures but when I do this one always makes me smile. 

While this is a representation of a wonderfully peaceful pose, she looks as if she's slid on a slippery patch and landed on her behind. Totally giggle-worthy and definitely representational of a lot of moments in our lives, right? 

That's pretty much how I feel right now, writing this blog post. I glance at the date in the corner of my screen and wonder how it is that a post I intended to write on the first day of the month is just now getting written? And actually, it's not because I thought to write something entirely different, something that had nothing to do with yoga figures and ice sliding. 

Yet here we are. Right near the middle of the month. 

Slid smoothly into September after an action-packed August. 

Well, I guess there's only one thing to do. That's right, cue a long Savasana, then get that little eleven-fingered figure on her uneven feet so she can march right into the rest of the month. 

I hope you've had a peaceful start to this month. Remember, if you feel like you're sliding too fast, it's perfectly okay to rest. Regroup. Then, begin again.  

Comments

Popular Posts