Digging the Acropolis


Whenever I hit a new city I look for a few things, the way most travelers do. My list is pretty short because I figure I'll stumble across most everything I'm interested in when I begin to explore. But before I even set out on my first amble about a new place, I note the location of museums and find out whether there's a Hard Rock Cafe nearby. 

I know. Museums seem logical but the Hard Rock? Well, it's a must on my list, I think because it's a thread to home that's filled with music. Also, I love to grab a t-shirt and guitar pin from every city I visit. Listen, we all have our quirks, right? 

Anyhow, when I went to Athens I was particularly interested in the Acropolis Museum. It's situated directly across from The Acropolis itself and features glass walls that provide an unobstructed view of the archeological wonder. It's pretty interesting to be able to see and learn at the same time. So often, museums are nowhere near the spots they feature. 

A word of caution. Ladies, there are spots where the floors are glass. I sincerely suggest you glance down to see whether there might be a work crew beneath the floor before you walk across wearing a skirt. Be wiser than I was. Nope, I'm not kidding. 

And if you're in Athens, looking for a spot to grab a bite and hear some music, The Hard Rock welcomes you. I chatted with the servers and learned so much about the city, including where the off-the-beaten-path shops and non-touristy eateries were hidden! 

 

Comments

  1. Fun post, Sarita. And helpful. The things you don't think about when you get dressed in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts