Monday Mentions Welcomes Cherie Coyler

 



Chatting today with author Cherie Coyler about writing, traveling, her upcoming release from The Wild Rose Press, Merry Little Wishing Spritz, nachos, and more

Welcome to the blog today, Cherie! Let's get right to the questions because I know lots of people are looking forward to getting to know you. 

What's the best part of being an author? 

I’ve always enjoyed making up stories. But meeting readers (both virtually and in person) is right up there with weaving together unique stories full of twists and turns.

Are you a traveler or a homebody? 

These days, I’m more of a homebody. But I would love to get out and travel more.

Beach or mountains? 

Beach. I’m a sucker for the ocean.

Sweet or savory? And please explain why. 

Savory. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but I love nuts, popcorn, and other salty or spicy treats.

Pizza or tacos? And if pizza, plain or with toppings? 

Can I have nachos instead?

Do you have any works in progress you'd care to chat about? 

I’m working on a companion book for Merry Little Wishing Spritz. Peyton, Cassie Moore’s best friend, is the star of this novel. I’m still working out the details, but I can tell you it takes place in a small beach town in Maine, and there will be more than just a witch’s magic in play.

If money were no object and time was unlimited, is there something you would like to do or someplace you'd like to go? 

I’d travel the world. There are so many places I would like to visit. I would start in London. Take in the sights, visit the museums, Stone Henge, and, yes, the Warner Brothers Studio where magic came to life. And I have to visit The Troubadour Café. I’ve only seen it in pictures, but it has such a cozy look to it, and I’ve wanted to visit the small café since it made it into my YA novel Entwined. From there, I’m not sure where I’d go. I’d like to see as much of Europe and Asia Pacific as possible before figuring out what’s next. 

I know everyone wants to hear more about your upcoming release so let's give them a peek at the blurb for Merry Little Wishing Spritz:

Modern-day witch Cassie Moore’s cozy life turns upside down when her friend foresees the wrecking ball that threatens to destroy Cassie’s home and workplace. But Cassie isn’t giving up without a fight. She casts a well-intended spell meant to save her apartment and her job. But magic is unpredictable, especially when her friend casts a little charm of her own that has Cassie lusting after the man she desperately wants to despise.

Jack Quinn has had his eyes on Lakeside Books for years, and he couldn’t be happier the owner is finally ready to sell. He has big plans for the cozy waterfront property, but he didn’t expect to care about the store or its employees. And he never imagined he’d be drawn to a certain brown-eyed saleswoman.

Thank you so much for visiting today, Cherie. Loved having you on Monday Mentions! 

Readers, find Merry Little Wishing Spritz at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and wherever great books are sold! 

Comments

  1. Love this!! Great interview and I cannot wait to read this story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts