Monday Mentions Welcomes Karen Guzman



Chatting today with author Karen Guzman about writing, pets and Arborview, her release from The Wild Rose Press. 

Welcome to the blog today, Karen! Let's get right to the questions because I know lots of people are looking forward to getting to know you. 

When did you realize you wanted to write?

I began writing short stories when I was about ten years old. I was just drawn to it. I think it was high school, 9th or 10th grade, when I realized that I wanted to write seriously.

Do you have any pets?

Ah, pets, one of my favorite topics!  My family has a dog, a big black lab/hound mix, who is the heart of the house. We also have two cats, one white and one grey, who are more the soul of the house. I love them all. They bring such connection and joy.

Beach or mountains? 

Mountains. I like the sea for a day or two, but it's the woods and fields and vistas that really call to me. 

I know readers are interested in Arborview, so let's give them a peek. 
The blurb: 

Ellen Cahill’s financial future rides on the success of her new pastry shop. A bruising divorce has drained her bank account, along with her spirit. A man enters her life promising love, but Ellen, haunted by the past, questions whether she can pull off this new beginning. 

 

College student Rosa Escamilla has her own culinary dreams—and a difficult mother who’s dead set against them. Rosa won’t be deterred. She scrapes up the money to enroll at a prestigious culinary school, setting out to prove everyone wrong. 

 

When hidden betrayals by the people they love most surface for both Ellen and Rosa, can they overcome the blows they never saw coming on the road to where they want to go? 


Arborview is available in several places including Amazon and The Wild Rose Press.  


Thank you so much for visiting today, Karen. Loved having you on Monday Mentions! 

Comments

Popular Posts