Moonlight in Madrid



Madrid, a city where moonlight shimmers off every surface and makes the whole place sparkle. It's a magical spot steeped in romance, culture, and history. Fabulous food, incredible museums, a mix of old and new around every corner, and people who are honestly so friendly there's no reason for anyone to feel like a stranger in this city. 

Can you tell I love the place? 

The first time I was in Madrid was a fantastic adventure. I put miles on my boots. Ah! Boots! I bought the most beautiful pair of handmade boots on a side street in Madrid. They are still my favorites, even though they'll soon need new soles. But I digress...

Seeing Madrid on foot is an epic journey. No, I'm serious. Not for the faint of heart, tackling the walkabout in the city. 

But there's a fun way to get around when your feet protest. The Hop-On Hop-Off Bus operates in a number of cities. Fortunately, Madrid is one of them. I bought a three-day pass specifically to see the city by moonlight from the top level of one of their red double-decker buses. It was so much fun!

I'm looking forward to going back to Madrid. I'm going to go for that bus pass again because riding around that city beneath a full moon was an amazing experience!   

 

Comments

Popular Posts