Laura Strickland Dishes on Wylder!




Welcome, Laura! So good to have you here today, chatting about Wylder. 

If you were stranded in Wylder during a snowstorm after a train wreck, what character would you like to spend time with? Why?

Well, I’d love to spend some time with Nick Robinson, the hero of my story, A Wyld Night for St. Nick. Who can resist a strong, golden-haired mountain man with a kindly streak? But in all honesty, I’d probably find myself hanging out with Cissy Standish who runs the Wylder Side Bakery. I’ve never seen a bakery I could resist!

If you could live in Wylder, where would your house be and what would you be doing there?

I’d best like to live a short distance outside town. Not so far that the general store and other conveniences would be out of reach, but far enough that I couldn’t hear the rowdies in the saloons and any stray gunfire! What would I be doing? I’d be a writer, of course!

Any favorite holiday memories you’d care to share?

When I was young, my two older sisters and I would sing Christmas carols on all the days leading up to the holiday. We had a book with the sheet music and lyrics for all the old favorites—God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen, We Three Kings, Good King Wenceslas and so many others, all accompanied by Victorian illustrations. I still have that book tucked away in the bench of my piano!

A Wyld Night for St. Nick is Laura's upcoming release in The Wylder West Series. It releases on December 13 but is available for pre-order now. 

Let's take a peek at the story...

The blurb:

When a train jumps the rails near Wylder during a blizzard one December night, mountain man Nick Robinson rushes to the rescue. It's only a few days before Christmas, and the young boy he saves from the wreck is convinced his rescuer is St. Nick. Since the frightened child is crying for his ma, Nick figures the best thing he can do is go back and rescue her, too.

Ella Fielding is instantly captivated by the man who carries both her and her boy to safety. St. Nick or not, she'd like nothing better than to claim such a strong, gentle man for her own. But Ella carries a secret she dares share with no one, not even when Nick asks her to trust him with her heart.

This sounds amazing and is sure to be a hit with readers!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, Laura. As always, it was wonderful chatting with you! 

 


Comments

Popular Posts