Snickerdoodle Snowmen's First Review

 


Release Day is always exciting. Whether it's a long novel, a novella, a short story, or even a magazine article, the satisfaction of seeing your work loose in the world is a thrill. It's one of the reasons writers write, to share what's in our minds and hearts with readers. 

Yesterday was a great day. Lots of kind congratulations from fellow authors and readers alike. A celebratory lunch with a dear friend. Emails, texts, and phone calls from family. Just a really nice day, and I am very grateful for the good wishes! 

And Snickerdoodle Snowmen was reviewed. Woo hoo! 

I'm over the moon about this release's first review. It comes from Marilyn Barr, an author whose work I read and enjoy. That she took the time to read and review this title makes my heart so grateful! I know how busy authors are, especially during November when many of us are doing NaNoWriMo. It's awesome that Marilyn spent precious hours reading Snickerdoodle Snowmen during this busy season. 

I love when authors support authors. After working long and hard on the title, it feels wonderful to know that one of the first readers read and enjoyed it! 

The full review can be found here but if you're wondering what's got me grinning this morning I'll bring most of the good news here to you...

"Snickerdoodle Snowmen by Sarita Leone is a sweet tale of a grouch brightened by a ray of sunshine. This is my favorite romance trope and I’m a huge fan of Leone’s works, so I went into the book with high expectations. Boy, did she deliver! What I loved most were the world-building details that made North Pole Alaska irritating to our grouchy hero Santos Kloss. He hates Christmas due to childhood teasing over his name. I loved his reaction to the Christmas-themed bedding in the North Pole Inn. It was more than a printed pattern and his reaction was more than a tirade. His reaction traveled through the story as gossip does in a small town.

Kris owns the bakery who Santos has traveled to Alaska to cover for his newspaper. She is the ultra-responsible, wounded heroine that Leone writes so well. Kris has a past which has not only broken her heart but strained her family relations and bakery finances. I loved how Leone conveyed the struggles of Kris without pulling down the overall mood of the book. Kris is an optimist who brightens the snowy landscape. You will want her to be your next book bestie.

Even though this book takes place in 1953, it doesn’t read as a historical fiction novella. I highly recommend Snickerdoodle Snowmen to contemporary and historical romance readers who are looking for a little holiday cheer."-Author Marilyn Barr

Thank you, Marilyn! 

And friends, if you do read Snickerdoodle Snowmen, won't you consider leaving a review? We authors really do read them and we appreciate every kind word. Thanks so much! 






Comments

Popular Posts