Saturday in the Kitchen

 



You're probably wondering what a street sign has to do with the kitchen, right? 

Well, on the Saturday morning that this photo was taken, I trekked along the sidewalk in Reykjavik, Iceland. Cold, damp from the rain/snow mixture falling from that gray sky, I searched for an eatery that served hot coffee and sweet donuts. 

Icelandic bakers make a twisted donut that is so good it's worth trudging along the slippery sidewalks to search them out. 

I finally found both, coffee and donuts, as well as a place to shelter from the weather for a while. 

This morning I'm lots cozier but I would willingly venture out into the cold to find one of those Icelandic donuts! They are amazing! 

I'm baking up some sugar cookies today. Maybe gingerbread, too. The kitchen is warm, music plays while I mix up dough, and all is peaceful here. 

I know this is a frenzied season for some, so I wish you peaceful moments amidst the chaos. 



Comments

Popular Posts