Hello, 2022!

 


Well hello, 2022. Real happy to see you.  

Are you one of those people who make New Year's resolutions? Compile a list on must-dos and another of won't-ever-do-agains? Maybe tack on a few will-trys and even add a Bucket List item or two? Or seven?

No judgment here. If you do and that's what makes you happy, more power to you. I absolutely support your enthusiastically embracing the resolution-making season. 

I used to be one of those making resolutions. SMART goals, even. The acronym stands for specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely. I made 'em and crushed them. I loved putting a line through an item on the list and walking away from it. Loved it. 

Ever notice a ton of resolutions are tied to health, finances, and work? They are quests to be more, do more, have more. 

Once upon a time, I did that. Made those goals. Kept them. 

But, like the years, people change. 

I'm not making resolutions anymore. 

Not one list. No concrete goals having to do with health, finances, work. No being more, doing more, having more. Nope. Not any of it. 

My thought for this year? Work less, live more. 

That's right. Do less and enjoy more. 

Our time here isn't infinite. I want to laugh my butt off, go on adventures, dance under the stars. I want to have fun while I'm here.

That's my plan. I intend to embrace it as wholeheartedly as I used to do with resolution making. And this work less, live more bit? I intend to crush it. 

So whatever you're doing on this first day of the new year, I hope it's bringing you joy. I wish you health and peace...and giggles and adventures. 

I don't know what 2022 has in store for me, but I'm hoping for loads of laughter. That's right. Less work, more living. With a big helping of unrestrained, unapologetic, wild fun.    



Comments

Popular Posts