Monday Musings

 


I have been writing a ton these past years. Isolation during the pandemic? No big problem, really, because as an author I generally have a bunch of characters in my head. That's right, lots of people to keep me company! 

One of the stories I wrote during lockdown was Her Wylder Frontier. It's part of the Wylder West Series from The Wild Rose Press and is the first title I have releasing this year. Release date is January 17 but it's available for pre-order here

I had a blast writing this story. It's about another of the Bloom sisters who makes her way from Charleston to Wylder with a third sister, Daisy. Their plan is to settle in with Violet, the first Bloom sister to live in the frontier town. Now Daisy is a writer who takes everything in stride but Lily, the heroine of this story, is an uptight, somewhat snotty eldest sister who has a knack for rubbing people the wrong way. 

Lily can be so ornery that it was almost too much fun to let her gripe and snipe. I admit, I laughed out loud a bunch of times while I wrote. See what I mean about having company during the quieter times? 

In any event, I'm determined to work less and live more moving forward so that may impact how much writing I get done from here on out. We'll have to see how that shakes out because, honestly, writing Her Wylder Frontier was an amusing adventure. 

Here's the blurb from the story: 

A broken engagement sends Lily Bloom to Wylder, where she hopes to rebuild her life and reclaim her dignity.

Theodore Harvey longs for a wife and family to chase away the loneliness of frontier living. His gardens and sturdy home are stunning but there should be footsteps other than his to bring the place alive.

Can a southern belle find happiness amidst the grit of the wild west?

Comments

Popular Posts